From Christ to circumstances

Isaiah 26:3
“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You,
because he trusts in You.
Oh, How I needed this today! I need reminding that Satan can and will throw at me everything he has in his arsenal of schemes in order to get me off track and move my focus from Christ to my circumstances.
More than I care to admit ~ I’m terrible at staying focused. It seems I fall for Satan’s tricks every time ~ will I ever learn!! Something happens and before I know it I’m at full speed chasing my cares and concerns down endless roads, running after the wind. My peace flees and anxiety fills my heart.

When I finally realize that I’ve lost my true focus I stop ~ exhausted and ashamed. He is there, He never left my side. I couldn’t see Him because I had looked away. He never is angry at my leaving, spewing condemning words at me. He only awaits my return and speaks to me soft words of peace, security and love.

I turn and cast my gaze once again upon the keeper of my concerns, ask forgiveness and He melts my cares into peace and stills my anxious heart. Our slow purposeful walk resumes. He is here, comforting, guiding, speaking life words into my heart and asking me to abide, just stay ~ close to Him. He calls me to lay aside the cares of the world, they only trap and He wants to transform, mold and shape me to be more like Him. If I will only fix my focus on Him ~ He will.

Do you ever find yourself chasing after your cares? Running headlong down roads that lead nowhere? We can both take comfort in knowing Christ is right there in the middle of our cares. He wants us both to turn all of our cares and concerns over to Him whenever they show up in our hearts and minds, and sometimes on our doorstep. All we have to do is turn toward Him. It’s an outward expression of our inward faith in Him to keep His promises.

1 Peter 5:7
…casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Lord, help us (me) to stop chasing after the cares of life but start casting them on you and let us (me) just stay, resting in You alone.

No comments: