Falling Down

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

I have 3 cats: Cocoa, Gracie and Sweet Pea. They all like to be rubbed and petted as most cats do.  But Sweet Pea is special.  Almost every day she’ll be sitting in the front of the house waiting for me to pull into the driveway. When she sees me coming I’ll see her small form as she start to make her way over to where I park. Once I step out of the car she’ll run in front of me and fall down at my feet and I’ll bend down and pet her. I know you may think that’s nothing special and that your cat does the same. Sweet Pea is the only one of my cats that does this. She is my special cat ~ because I rescued her from a life of starvation and a 4x4 cage. She falls down because she knows I’m the one who saved her, the one who has taken care of her, the one who feeds her and loves her.

The simple act of this small animal reminds me that I too should be falling down at the feet of Jesus and worship ~ the one who rescued me, the one who provides for me, the one who saved me from my sins, the one who gave his life for me and the one who loves me.

I fall down because He is worthy of my worship.

What else do you need before you fall down to worship the one who came to take away your sin, my sin, a world full of sin?

Behold! The Lamb of God!

No comments: